Junior Software Developer
Business Area: IT
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Location: Crewe - Opportunity for remote working
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays
Working Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Occasional requirement to work outside these hours for urgent support issues and out of hours releases and upgrades
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior Software Developer to join in team in Crewe for this hybrid working role. This role will involve working with key stakeholders and IT analysts to convert functional specifications into technical solutions, specifically around our core web applications and mobile android application. This role would report into the development lead and would suit a graduate looking for their first commercial opportunity who has a real appetite for development and learning.
What do we want from you?
- Prepare and maintain code for various .net applications and resolve any defects in systems.
- Prepare test-based applications for various .net applications.
- Enhance existing systems by analysing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Manage defect tracking system and resolve all issues and prepare update for systems.
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Monitor everyday activities of system and provide require support.
- .NET Developer requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrable development experience with .NET, C#, ASP.NET, Windows Forms and SQL Server in a tiered architecture.
- Exposure to Android SDK and design principles would be desirable
- Strong background in object-oriented development techniques
- Solution Design Patterns and Best Practices
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience with Web Services, RESTful APIs for interoperability between systems
- Experience with concurrent development source control (Git)
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and change management protocols
- Passion for technology and knowledge
- Ability to work with the wider team and to contribute to Baywater’s technology initiatives.
Full Driving license required, as there will be the requirement for Occasional travel
- We are invested in our employees
- We can offer career progression
- We provide full training
- We offer pension and life assurance
We have been rewarded for the Employee Recognition Rewards and have an employee benefits scheme, including health cash plans towards everyday health bills, Employee Assistant Programme, cycle to work, discounts and many others.
Working exclusively in the health sector, our reliability means we successfully provide care to more than 30,000 patients throughout the UK with our ultimate aim being to support the changing NHS while helping patients to maintain their mobility, independence and overall quality of life.
Our range of healthcare services includes: home oxygen therapy, sleep diagnostics, CPAP treatment and adherence management, telehealth through remote monitoring, ventilation therapy, nebuliser therapy and emergency oxygen.
Please click on the following link for more information on this role: Job Description