Apprentice Workshop Technician
Salary: £10,400 per annum
Position Type: Permanent
An opportunity has arisen within our Workshop Technician Team to join Baywater Healthcare as an Apprentice Workshop Technician in Preston. The role holder would be primarily depot based and responsible for the cleaning, verification and repair of a range of healthcare equipment, such as Oxygen concentrators, Liquid Oxygen equipment, ensuring an efficient and quality service for our patients in care. Full training available, and you will obtain a Level 2 Certificate in Mechanical Engineering on completion.
- Completion of installation, servicing, and removals of Nebulisers, Ventilators, CPAP, Telehealth devices and associated equipment with some problem solving in line with our Service Level Agreement with the NHS.
- Day to day management of work load within the region offering a professional service to patients across the region
- Operate and maintain safe working practices in accordance with company and statutory requirements
- Participate in an On Call rota. On average one night per week and one weekend in four - six
- Completion of emergency calls in accordance with Service Level Agreement where required
- Maintaining high standards of driving proficiency at all time in company vehicles
- Follow good housekeeping practices in the regional depots and company vehicles
- Maintain safe practices when loading and unloading vehicle with requirements for the work load required
- Completion of mandatory training modules on time
- Completion of necessary documentation and processes to ensure activities are completed in full.
What do we want from you?
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Show empathy and understanding whilst being professional
- Flexibility and a can do attitude
- Good time management
- Have a proactive approach to working
- Be able to follow process
- Ability to adapt to deadlines to meet KPI’s
- We are invested in our employees
- We can offer career progression
- We provide full training
- We offer pension and life assurance
We have been rewarded for the Employee Recognition Rewards and have an employee benefits scheme, including health cash plans towards everyday health bills, Employee Assistant Programme, cycle to work, discounts and many others.
Working exclusively in the health sector, our reliability means we successfully provide care to more than 30,000 patients throughout the UK with our ultimate aim being to support the changing NHS while helping patients to maintain their mobility, independence and overall quality of life.
Our range of healthcare services includes: home oxygen therapy, sleep diagnostics, CPAP treatment and adherence management, telehealth through remote monitoring, ventilation therapy, nebuliser therapy and emergency oxygen.
Please click on the following link for more information on this role: Job Description